Prev: Re: Junk Mail Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?

Re: B5-Somewhat off topic

From: Nothing's the same anymore <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:17:02 -0500
Subject: Re: B5-Somewhat off topic

>I know this is somewhat off topic, but I still think this list is a
good =
>place to ask this question. I love B5 but have missed many of the
shows. =
>Does anyone know if any of the B5 books are worth reading? Is the =
>writing fairly well done or sophmoric?

Some of the books are pretty decent (but not mind-blowing), while others
(esp, imo, vornholt's) were seriously more lacking. I liked #2 except
for
the final chapter or two (it kinda fell on its face there and became
instant
non-canon). The others were okay reading.

If you can hold out #7 will be released in April (March?) and jms said
that
it's seeming like the best one to date (he's still waiting for a full
review
on #s 8 & 9, though he said what's he's seen of #8 it isn't quite as
good as
#7). He wasn't altogether happy with the first batch of books, either.

Now, granted, these are his opinions there; take them for what you will.

I currently run the B5 Comics list (originally put together to alert
people
when the new comics came out), but since the comics went by the
way-side,
it's taken on being a general book/CD/etc list. I generally just send
out
announcements when new stuff is on the market and available for people
get (eg, the 2nd volume of the B5 soundtrack was just released from
Sonic
Images last monday). If you want on list, send mail to:
kochte@stsci.edu
and I'll put you on.

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Junk Mail Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?