Prev: B5-Somewhat off topic Next: Short list

Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:37:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

At 03:27 PM 2/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello All !
>
>Has anyone seen or had any dealings with Reviresco Products / John
>McEwan. He produces a bunch of miniatures for his Starguard! game. Does
>anyone use 'em or have some, what's the quality like ? They're 1/72 so
>they'd be suitable for DII, and true 25mm scale. But the webpage for
>Reviresco ( http://www.halcyon.com/shamrock/ ) doesn't really have any
>pics of 'em.

	1/72nd is actually 20mm, but the Stargueard figures would be BIG
20mm figures.  They are of roughly the same size as the GZG Stargrunt
figures.  I have to be honest, though; the quality has not impressed me
at
all.  Very skinny figures, crude detail, awkward poses.  But the prices
are
nice, I'll give 'em that much.	On the other hand, some of the figures
ARE
pretty nice.  I'm working on some of his "Nautaloid" figures right now.
Basically, big cephelapods with snail shells on their backs and big
weapons.
See, I remembered that real octopi and the like can change their skin
color
to camoflage themselves, and that inspired me to work on them, so...but
digress.  Honestly, the Nautaloids, along with some little wheeled
robots
that look like mechanical piranhas, are the only Starguard figures that
have really been impressed by.	That's just my opinion, though, so take
it
for whatever it's worth....

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: B5-Somewhat off topic Next: Short list