Prev: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables? Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?

Re: Anime

From: Steve Gill <Steve@c...>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:56:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Anime

Joseph A. Nollwrites
>Ghost in the Shell (anime movie and Manga series)
>VOTOMS (anime series, sorta old but really good.)
>Madox-01 (one shot anime, if you liked Appleseed you will like this.)
>Patlabor (anime series,Movies) They are giant robots but, they are not
the
>center of attention.
>Macross (anime/manga) Just because it is a classic. More giant robots.

Aaaaah, you missed the most famous of them all - Bubblegum Crisis!

>As for games I most definatly recommend HEAVY GEAR.  This is right up
your
>alley, if I read you right.  The Mecha are Landmate like (though maybe
>slightly bigger).  It has an anime feel and look and the combat is
deadly.
>It is a Tactical and a Roleplaying game.  They also have tabletop rules
and
>skirmish rules.  ...

A magnificent game, though oriented towards gears, 4m high robots. It is
heavily based on the Votoms series. Dream Pod 9 are going to be re-
issuing Jovian Chronicles, a large robot game very heavily inspired by
Gundam, under the same system.

Another big budget production is the lavish Bubblegum Crisis game from
R.Talsorian. Aimed primarily at role-playing the system is suitable for
use as a figure game. The illustrations have just got to be the best
ever in an anime game.

--
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk		  -	    just beCAWS

Prev: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables? Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?