Prev: TV Space Tactics (Was: Trek/SFB conversions) Next: Re: Re:The Digital Battlefield

Re: Trek/SFB conversions

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:18:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Trek/SFB conversions

In message <970129153413_40626355@emout19.mail.aol.com> you wrote:

> <Sarcasm mode on>
>
> It seems a lot of people are of the opinion that the excessive
> rules-lawyering of SFB is a BAD thing. But if one wants to faithfully
portray
> space battles in the Trek universe then it's actually quite
appropriate --
> after all, how many Trek battles are won by anything as mundane as
*tactics?*
> They're won because someone figures out a new and interesting way to
activate
> warp drive, or because Scotty/ Geordi/ Wesley/ whoever figures out how
> reverse the polarity on the frim-fram in time to destabilize the
enemy's
> whachamacallit! In this spirit, I offer the following system, soon to
be made
> standard on all my Federation ships:

No no no! You've got it all wrong.

Sam's Star Trek Rules for Full Thrust

1) Set a time limit for the battle.
2) Set up and play the battle as normal, except the Federation fleet
   is not allowed to win, or even gain the advantage.
3) Five minutes before the end of the battle, invent some technobabble
   which gives the Federation a huge, unfair advantage (they modify
   the quantum phase regulator of their neutronic higgs-boson particle
   acceleration shield to generate a fluctuation in the strong magnetic
   force used by the enemies gluon powered energy containment fields),
   which promptly does 24d6 damage to all enemy ships. Any surviving
   ships disappear in a puff of common sense.
4) The Federation wins, but promptly forgets how to use this new
   technology come the beginning of the next battle.

> (Can ya' tell I'm a Babylonian at heart?)

Never would have guessed :)

<Sarcasm mode off>

--
Be seeing you,		StrongARM 202.4MHz	     ARM not Intel.
Sam.			RISC OS 3.7	       Acorn not Microsoft.

Prev: TV Space Tactics (Was: Trek/SFB conversions) Next: Re: Re:The Digital Battlefield