Prev: Re: FT-Battle Report Next: Re: FT-Battle Report

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:56:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

BJCantwell@aol.com wrote:

> Well, If you can't unjoin, beat 'em.	Let's all see if we can save
Mark from
> the attack of the killer CheeseHeads.
>
> Here are some ideas.
>
> The biggest liability of superships is that they turn like barges.  Go
with
> fast ships and try to stay out of arc.  I suspect based on the
description of
> these guys that those 12 A-batts are all three arc weapons, so this
will
> probably be a problem.
>
> Missiles may be an option.  If they do not use fighters, then they may
not
> have a lot of point defense.	Add that to the fact that large ships
are
> slower and therefore easier to predict and you may be able to land a
big
> missile salvo on his head and do some hurt.
> I think that the smaller design I listed is even more optimized
> than his, since you will have a whole slew of needles.....
>
> Anybody else have any suggestions for Admiral Seifert?

I accidentally discovered the "System Defence Boat From Hell" while
working on the Star Trek TOS ship designs. The Romulan Bird of Prey:

Mass 12 : 1 Wave Gun : 1 Cloak : Speed 2 : Cost 102.

The FTL variant is cruiser sized (Mass 28), and costs much more (198),
but is still really nasty.

--
----------------------	    <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
---------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: FT-Battle Report Next: Re: FT-Battle Report