Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re[2]: Still Lousy After All These Years

Re: Modified Turn Sequence

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:06:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Modified Turn Sequence

Darryl Hills wrote:
>Below is a suggestion for a modified turn and PDAF/ADAF firing
sequence.

>Write orders
>Move Missiles
>Move Ships
>Move battle debris
>Move Fighters
>Fire PDAF's and ADAF's at missiles and fighters
>Make attacks with fighters
>Make attacks with ships
>Make missile attacks
>
>Note the following points:
>1 Any ship with PDAF systems can engage any enemy fighters or missiles
within 6"
>2 Any ship with ADAF systems can engage any enemy fighters or missiles
within 12"

>This system makes smaller ships quite handy as they can support the
main
line of battle by contributing to anti fighter/missile defence.  It also
makes missiles more managable and playable in the game.

This sequence reminds me of the Traveller system.  Actually, I prefer
the FT
turn system the way it is with the optional fighter turn sequence.
Changing
the this sequence will affect game play and tactics.  The C-batt now is
no
longer a defensive measure against fighters, only a retaliatory strike.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re[2]: Still Lousy After All These Years