Prev: Re: FT: Thank God for Dremel!

Re: Trek and Rhodan

From: Ludo Toen <Ludo.Toen@p...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:39:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Trek and Rhodan

mcord@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU wrote:

> Changing gears, I recently bought the traviler mercenary crusier which
> reminded me of the Perry Rhodan Ships.Has anyone tried FT Rhodan??

Some years back I bought a copy of the "PR raumkampfsimulator", a hex
map boardgame on starship
combat in the PR universe. It included booklets with fleet info for the
Terran navy (1970-1984)
and the Topside fleet. I bought at the same time the Springer and
Uberschweren booklet and countersheet.

A while back I tried to convert the ship designs to FT, changing the
power ratings of the guns to c through
AA batteries. I needed to come up with a custom rule to simulate shields
in the PR universe. The smaller end
of the scale was doable, but when I came to the 1500 meter ships (Titan)
they weighed in at 1200 mass if I
remember correctly. (It does have 24 corvettes -universe term, not FT-
in its bays).

I'll dig 'em up (when I get back from the warzone).

Ludo

Prev: Re: FT: Thank God for Dremel!