Prev: FT-Multiplayer Games Next: Re: FASA Star Trek Ship Stats, Part 1

Re: Re:The Digital Battlefield

From: "I know as a lemming I shouldn't be forming my own opinions, but such is life" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 08:19:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Re:The Digital Battlefield

>>THE DIGITAL BATTLEFIELD
>>Play Miniature/Board Games on the Computer!
>>by Paul J. Calvi Jr. 17JAN97
>
>In short, this seems to be screaming for Shockwave. Pity school just

Shockwave??...you mean the old Ogre expansion?? I HAVE THAT!  :-)

>started and I won't have the time myself.... besides, Indy can't get
>his hands on amodern web browser last I heard. And it wouldn't be fair
>to keep one of our rare GM's from enjoying something that would
>eliminate his burden in running a game.

News Update: the system managers here recently upgraded us and added the
netscape-for-vms...so I have netscape access now  :-)

>Maybe generating a machine-readable list of ships, positions, and
>vectors would be best. That has already been done for pbem maps, albeit
>in Unix. But the file format exists, and I do have a copy somewhere.

Unix...I still gotta learn that someday...

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: FT-Multiplayer Games Next: Re: FASA Star Trek Ship Stats, Part 1