Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: Full Thrust Campaigning

RE: Trek conversions

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:16:46 -0500
Subject: RE: Trek conversions

At 11:10 AM 1/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Simon Campbell-Smith writes:
>

>  Whew!  Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.  Ah... much
>better now, thanks very much.	Ahem.  SFB is published by Task Force
>Games (and written by the Amarillo Design Bureau) (or is it the other
>way around?).	FASA produces a competing, and to my mind much
>inferior, Star Trek space combat game that unfortunately has Paramount
>behind it and thus continues to exist despite the fact that it isn't
>that great.
>
>-joachim

Ahh excuse me.	 FASA HAD produced a Star Trek RPG with a space combat
module.  (I heard it was pretty good..)  Anyway, what I heard, was that
they
got Paramount very mad.  Mad enough for them to yank FASA's Star Trek
licence.
FASA had produced a produce called: The Triangle.  It covered the sector
of
space left over between the federation, klingon, and romulan empires
that
formed a triangle.  The official history says the the boarders of these
nations come to a point.  There is no space left over!	That module was
written and published without Paramount's permission.  If they made that
change, it makes me wonder what else they changed without telling
anyone.

I heard another company got the licence to do the Star Trek RPG and
combat
module....I think the same one that did the recent Indana Jones
game/Star
Wars RPGs.

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: Full Thrust Campaigning