Prev: Trek conversions Next: Re: Space Operas

Re: Realistic movement thoughts

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:10:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Realistic movement thoughts

At 11:12 AM 1/24/97 +0100, you wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, hosford.donald wrote:
>
>Yes, compared to other slower dreadnoughts. However, a speed 8 mass
>70 DN will spend exactly as much mass as 5 speed 8 mass 14 DDs on its
>engines... which makes the DDs much weaker than the DN.
>
>Samuel, I'm not as much after full-blown realism as after variety. If
>small ships are inefficient they won't be used very much in set-piece
>battles - they'll be useful as scouts, couriers etc in a campaign, but
>not elsewhere.
>
>Regards,
>
>Oerjan Ohlson
>
>"Father, what is wrong?"
>"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
> I have forgotten how to dance."
>- Londo Mollari

Well that depends on what you do with the DD's....Those 5 DD's are going
be creamed by the DN.  But the DN will probably be badly hurt in the
process.

What it does is puts all the ships on the same level.  5% of hull
dedicated
to engines on an Escort, results in the same speed as the 5% of engines
on a DN.

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Trek conversions Next: Re: Space Operas