Prev: Strike Team Alpha Next: Anime

Re: Realistic movement thoughts

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 05:12:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Realistic movement thoughts

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, hosford.donald wrote:

> With X thrust divided by Y mass = Z acceleration, that means the big
ships
> will have to buy more engines per point of accelleration....which
means they
> will cost more, and high speed dreadnoughts are prohibitivly
expensive.

Yes, compared to other slower dreadnoughts. However, a speed 8 mass
70 DN will spend exactly as much mass as 5 speed 8 mass 14 DDs on its
engines... which makes the DDs much weaker than the DN.

Samuel, I'm not as much after full-blown realism as after variety. If
small ships are inefficient they won't be used very much in set-piece
battles - they'll be useful as scouts, couriers etc in a campaign, but
not elsewhere.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Strike Team Alpha Next: Anime