Prev: RE: The Digital Battlefield Next: Re: Gall Force Part 2

Re: Gall Force

From: "Joseph A. Noll" <Jnoll@m...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:39:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Gall Force

At 10:47 PM 1/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello:
>	Mark's journey into Anime continues.
Great I remember when I started my journey, it's been 5 years and I'm
still
walking.
I think I can answer your questions.
>	1.  Why are their only women on these ships?  What happened to
the men?
Well Gall Force is a collection of OAV's not just one.	I'm not sure if
you
have the others, but If I told you why there are only women, it would
spoil
the end of the series.	It is a major plotline.
>	2.  What are these Paranoids, and why are they fighting the
"Amazons
>from Outer Space?"
Well in the very basic sense they are the "Evil Empire" of this anime.
Most
space anime have one.  But on another level they turn out to be more
than
that.  The Women(I forget thier race's name.) have been fighting with
the
Paranoids for eons, really the two races no nothing else.
>	3.  Is it my imagination, or do the beam weapons of these ships
actualy
>bend and seek there targets.  Either that, or I am mistaking them for
>missiles.
I think they are Beam weapons.	You do mean the ones that bend as they
are
comming out of the gun ports, right.  Those are beam weapons.  I think
the
mirror or whatever that bends the beam is what aims it.
>	4.  Why are there so many shower scenes?  Not that I mind a good
shower
>scene ;-)  I just think it's getting rather gratitous seeing these
>cartoon women running around with no clothes on.
Anime is made first and foremost for the Japanese audiance.  I't seems
that
there are stock scenes that more or less have to go in some anime.  Nude
shower sceens are one of them.	I don't mind it, it's part of anime's
charm
:-).
>	Well I gotta go watch the rest of it.  See ya.

Hope you like it.  BTW if you want to see some great anime I recommend.

Macross Plus-space mecha
Tenchi Myo - Romanti comedy
Ghost in the Shell - cyberpunk
Vampire princeses Miyu - Fantasy/Horror
Ranma 1/2 - you probably heard of this one.
Lupin - Older anime still a classic...action adventure.
Massion Ikkoku - IMHO the best of the Romantic Comedy genre.
Patlabor I+II - Mecha
OH! my Goddess - Supernatural Romantic Comedy

This is just some Ideas to get you started.

If you got anymore questions email me personaly.
JNOLL

Prev: RE: The Digital Battlefield Next: Re: Gall Force Part 2