Prev: Archives of mailing list

Re: Dirt Side Vehicle Turning

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 14:16:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirt Side Vehicle Turning

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, gordon peterson wrote:
> In the section on vehicle movement, turning isn't fully explained.
>
> Are there any restrictions, or can all vehicles turn on a dime?

There are no restrictions on vehicle turning, but facing is important
because your front armor is thicker than your side/rear armor.
Facing is also important during your move for your opponent's
opportunity
fire, and at the beginning/end of your move for your own fire.

The related question is: can a vehicle move sideways & backwards as fast
as it can move forwards?  In other words, if you want a grav tank to
retreat as fast as it can (30"), can it retreat backwards the full 30"
while presenting only its front armor to your opponent?

Since the rules don't prohibit it, we've played that you can do this,
but I think that's pushing the limits of the game a little bit.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Archives of mailing list