Prev: Re: To Dice or Not to Dice... Next: Re: FT on computer

Re: Superior Models, Inc

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 01:03:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Superior Models, Inc

>Say does anyone remember Superior Models?  No?

I certainly do, and I sure wish that I had hung onto them.  In the
process
of trying to cut down on the lead I had around the house I decided that
these things were the one of the things to go (I hadn't yet heard of
FT/MT
by 6-8 months).  Sometimes I'm almost in tears when remember what I sold
at
a game auction for somewhere around $120, lets see... there were
something
like 7 or 8 Super Galatic Dreadnaughts, 12 or so Galatic Dreadnaughts, a
number of pieces that made up a modular star base, many different types
of
fighters and CAP missiles, and at least 60 carriers, stellar cruisers,
etc.
- not to mention all the rule books they had out.  Darn it, if I had
just
seen FT sooner...  oh well thems, the breaks (now if only I could locate
the
person that bought it all).

The thing about these figures were the similarity to some known starship
silhouettes like the Star Destroyer(tm) from StarWars and the
Carnivorians
SGD that sort of resembled a BattlerStar from BattleStar Galactica.  The
other interesting thing was noticing all the bumps and toolings in the
miniatures that must have come from the inner workings of watches -
pretty
clever really.

Kevin Walker
-- a lurker from the past
sage@millcomm.com

Prev: Re: To Dice or Not to Dice... Next: Re: FT on computer