Prev: Re: Morale ideas for FT.- a different approach (not *too* long) Next: RE: DSII : Infantry mini's

Re: Dirtside II question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 02:44:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II question

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Chun Wang wrote:

> GMS/L is size class 1 and GMS/H is size class 2.
> So if GMS/H is mounted on a turrent, it will cost 6 capacity points.
...provided it is the only weapon in that turret.

> IF GMS/H is fixed mount weapon, then it will cost 4 capacity points.
>
> Check out page 9 under the heading 7) GUIDED MISSILE SYSTEMS (GMS): in

> Dirtside II book.

This is what that rule implies, yes. However, if you look at the list of

system sizes (don't remember which side it is, but directly after the
example design of the size 4 hover tank) that list specifies the GSM/L
as
2 cap.points and the GSM/H as 4 cap.points. I think that this is an
oversight - ie, I agree with your interpretation - yet those who claim
that a GSM/H uses 4 cap.points no matter how it is mounted has rather
strong support in the rules too.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Re: Morale ideas for FT.- a different approach (not *too* long) Next: RE: DSII : Infantry mini's