Prev: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's Next: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's

Dirtside II rules question

From: Nils A Hedglin <Nils_A_Hedglin@c...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 11:21:00 -0500
Subject: Dirtside II rules question

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes
---------------------------
From: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at SMTPGATE
Date: 12/23/96 6:54PM
*To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk at SMTPGATE
-------

Text item:

Well, back to the original question.  There is no space modifier for GMS

systems.  They are assumed to be thrown onto the chasse in on an
external pod,
so only the ammo & firing system needs to be stored.  GMS systems are
VERY cheap
in comparison to their capabilities because they are very basic systems.
 We
don't have most of the weapons & other systems in DSII today, but we do
have
GMSs.  Even developing countries have TOWs, just stick one on an APC &
you're
ready to roll.	As examples, just about every existing US
non-MBT/non-artillery
vehicles have some version with TOWs on them (M113, LAV-25, Bradley,
V-150,
etc).  About the arc of fire, I've always assumed 360 degrees.

Thanks,
Nils

Nils_A_Hedglin@ccm.fm.intel.com
I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

Hello.	This is to all the Dirtside II players out there.  In the rules
manual it says that a GMS/H takes up 4 capacity points.  But what is the
firing arc for this weapon.  Also, does the 4 points get multiplied by 3
for turret-mount, and by 2 for fixed mount?  Either way, this seems too
"cheap" for a powerful weapon like this.

			      Chen-song

Text item: External Message Header

To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@ee.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 18:54:47 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk

Prev: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's Next: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's