Prev: Maps and Such Next: Re: Ion Cannons

Re: STARGRUNT II\ Infantry AI troopers

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 05:58:53 -0500
Subject: Re: STARGRUNT II\ Infantry AI troopers

Here is an experimental ruleset for AI Infantry For SGII that we have
been experimenting with:

Heavy, Slow Powered Armor
1 action per round automatically
dice for second action availability by check against
AI level (effectively leadership value) on a d6 minus one for each
suppression fire counter on it. (Heavy Fire confusing the AI) if
equal or greater to value (1,2, or 3) the AI has the action
available.
AIs NEVER CHECK MORALE
When AI is hit, a wounded result will force the AI to roll a d6.
On a 1-3 Movement is disabled and the AI soldier is stationary for
the rest of the game.
On a 4-6 Systems out result. Dice at the beginning of each turn, on a 6
the system
reboots and comes back on line.
AIs ALWAYS ACT AS ELITE SOLDIERS. Their computational capability can
track windspeed, target velocity, and gravitational effects that
could effect a round's flight.
AIs always engage the closest enemy target. (Otnay Ootay Ightbrtay if
you know what I mean...)
AIs can never have actions passed to it from command.

That's it in a nutshell.
I am using the I.C.E. plastic set of Space Rangers for the AI
constructs.. Any commentary, let me know!!
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: Maps and Such Next: Re: Ion Cannons