Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 18:11:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

> Plus, just for a datapoint for y'all who aren't fully aware, not
everyone
> out in the world has DOS in any way, shape, or form. Some (quite a
number)
> of us get our mail through other means (eg, mine through work in a vms
> enviroment - ain't no such thing as 'dos' there, unless someone
defined it
> in their login as 'directory/owner/size' ;-)

For the record, here at home I use ULTRIX on an old DECstation
5000/240, at work its Digital UNIX 4.0b running on anything from a
tiny Mustang workstation to a TurboLaser supercomputer.  In none of
those settings is a DOS-usable file short of ASCII going over well.
:)

If you /really/ need to have embedded font changes, pics and the like,
learn HTML 2.0 and, /please/ use the MIME attachment facility to tag
it onto the end of your notice email as well as quoting the ASCII
representation of same before the attachment.

Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details