Prev: Re: Hello???? Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

Re: size of ships...

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:55:16 -0500
Subject: Re: size of ships...

At 01:10 AM 12/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Oerjan wrote,
>
>>  Since we can
>>  come up with justifications for whatever hull shape we want, why
bother...

>Because I'm trying to come up with justifications for the hull shapes
*I*
>want!	;-)
>
>Scott Field

Hull shapes don't matter in space.   The main differances are weather it
is a
military ship or a civilian one, and weather it lands on planets or not.

Military ships are designed to have the greatest amount of surface area,
mount
weapons, sheilds,  sensors, ect.

Civilian ships are designed to have the greatest amount of volume, for
cargo, and passenger areas, ect.

Thats why modern civilian freighters look plain and fat.  And military
ships
are full
of projections and angles.

Donald
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: Hello???? Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details