Prev: Another suggestion for mecha... Next: Re: First Hack at Mecha fighter rules... (long)

Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 17:08:32 -0500
Subject: Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)

> Also, there's the possibility of optical computers (and considering
> the size of the fire control computers (3 mass?!?!?! I'd say that's
> about 3 mass too big), it seems JT had Lensman style vacuum tubes
> in mind, which I believe are resistant to EMP), hardened circuits,
> or any other future technology which would make EMP a problem of
> the past.

FT being the generic beasty it is, I'd say if your game background
doesn't have EMP possible against your ships that you disallow EMP
missiles.  :)  Easy solution, for those settings, but many have a
similar sort of attack/damage possible, whether it be called EMP or
not, per se.

Prev: Another suggestion for mecha... Next: Re: First Hack at Mecha fighter rules... (long)