Prev: Help! Unsubscribing... Next: Another suggestion for mecha...

Re: (North) American games...

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 13:31:22 -0500
Subject: Re: (North) American games...

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 06:36 PM 12/14/96 -0800, you wrote:
> >It is interesting here that the US is lumped in with a bunch of
> >"poorer" nations and weak economies.  While I don't feel we have the
> >most stable economic system, it is fairly strong.  OTOH, if Social
> >Security isn't abolished we may well be in serious trouble in 20
> >years!
>
> I don't want to turn this into a economic/societal think tank, but

So why did you give an opinion?  A word of advice to all.  The best way
to keep a non-topic discussion from getting out of hand is not to state
"I
don't want this to happen" and THEN give an opinion.  Just say "I don't
want this to happen" and then stop right there.  You can't get people to
lay down their swords by saying "let us be friends" and then giving them
swift hit to the jaw. I'm just a bit tired of the "my country makes
better
games than your country" thing that is finally fizzling out, let us not
start another economic/societal discussion - and leave it at that.

> bear in
> mind that every one of the G7 have a stronger social security system
than
> the US. Social Security ISN'T what's hampering the US economy.
>
> Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca
> "You'll want to hear about my new obsession.
>  I'm riding high upon a deep depression.
>  I'm only happy when it rains."    - Garbage

Chad Taylor

Prev: Help! Unsubscribing... Next: Another suggestion for mecha...