Prev: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG] Next: Re: FMA Fantasy/Creeping psychosis

Re: Fighter Groups

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 03:32:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter Groups

In message <961213052523_103311.1205_IHH14-1@CompuServe.COM> Brian Bell
writes:
> Some ideas & questions about Fighter Groups.
>
> Question 1) After a fighter group expends its endurance and returns to

> the carrier, how long before it can launch again? I would assume the
> minimim time would be 3 rounds (same as endurance) possibly much
longer.

Personally, I imagine fuel can be loaded much faster that it will be
expended although I am open to the converse viewpoint.

You might also consider some kind of maintainence burden. Rules for
this could be jigged to make things faster on a dedicated carrier:
say it takes 6 work-points to turn around a fighter group. The group's
own bay contributes 2 points per turn and 1 point is contributed by
each empty fighter bay per turn. If a carrier can stagger the return
of its fighter groups, then the empty bays contribute to the full bays
and acheive a swifter turn around. If you have only one fighter bay on
the ship it takes the full three turns (or whatever is adjudged a fair
time: re-jig the numbers to suit).

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG] Next: Re: FMA Fantasy/Creeping psychosis