Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: FT3

Re: FT3

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 14:33:48 -0500
Subject: Re: FT3

MJMurtha@aol.com wrote:

> I know I already put my two cents in on this issue but after reading
all the
> posts on the subject I thought of another idea. Have Jon write an FMA
space
> ship combat system that is designed to be compatible with DSII and
SGII. This
> could be different than FT eg. planetary assaults in a solar system
vs. fleet
> actions in deep space. I know this will not make everyone happy but it
does
> give another product for GZG to sell and might make the players who
wish to
> integrate all three systems content as well as not requiring a rewrite
on FT.
> What does everyone think?

Actually, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  If you can play
without a planet on the board, then its essentially "deep space" and you
now have two lines competing against each other in your stables.  This
is a Bad Idea(tm).

--
Alexander Williams {zander@photobooks.com   ||Member: Evil Geniuses
		    thantos@alf.dec.com}    ||For a Better Tomorrow

"Perhaps we should lower our mental trousers and compare the size of
 our consciousnesses?"
				       -- Jan Sands to Marvin Minsky
					  comp.ai.genetic
		<http://www.photobooks.com/~zander/>