Prev: Re: More Thrust no more? Next: Re: construction times...

Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:07:13 -0500
Subject: Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...

Brian Lojeck wrote:
>applying this logic to full thrust, I'd come up with something that let
>you allocate mass for not just fighter/launchpad/repair like now, but
>seperate space for storage of the fightercraft and launch facilities.
then
>it wouldn't be important how to define your ship as a carrier, if you
pay
>the mass to buy enough lauchpads to launch all your fighters in one
turn,
>then so be it!

I agree with you.  It would be great to launch fighters based on
facilities
available.  It's a bit goofy when a supership can only launch a max of
two
fighter groups and only if it is classed as a carrier.	I would like to
see
an option to install launch tubes, static launch bays, and external
grapplers.  A launch tube could send one fighter group per turn out in
the
direction it is installed, at a distance up to the fighter groups max
movement(12").	A static launch bay could allow one fighter group to
launch
per turn, but receives no additional launch movement(i.e. it is
stationary
until fighter movement).  An external grappler launches fighter groups
the
same as static launch bays, but the fighter group is not protected by
the
ship's hull(exposed to needle weapons, etc.).

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: More Thrust no more? Next: Re: construction times...