Prev: Re: construction times... Next: Re: construction times...

Re: Missile storms and Aegis

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:46:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile storms and Aegis

You wanted to see Aegis ideas...

Aegis Fire Control:  Aegis fire control either takes the place of an
existing
Fire Control or may be added as an extra fire control.	The mass is 3
and
cost is 15, but only cost is used if replacing an existing Fire Control.
 Aegis adds one to all of the ship's ADAF rolls.  Aegis Fire Control
cannot
be used as a normal Fire Control.

This one has been used extensively in our group and seems pretty fair.
An
aegis equipped escort with several ADAF can really help defend a battle
group
from those missiles you can't outmaneuver.  It will not stop a swarm by
itself though, so get that speed up.  I've found that a speed of 12-14
and a
lot of radical maneuvering forces the missile player to spread his
salvoes to
cover lots of possibilities (or guess and get lucky), allowing you to
pick
off the few missiles which do get through.  Our group also allows
interceptors to attack missiles by moving into base to base contact.
Since
the fighters move after missiles, they can usually eliminate
one/squadron.
 This has been used well against me to pick off those missiles I was
able to
maneuver into range.  Our group tends to start out going fast and
maneuvering
more defensively until we feel the other guy has loosed all of his
missiles
or we are sure he has none.  I use sensor ships (in those games in which
the
makeup of the other fleet is not known) to ID missile boats and then try
pound them if I can before they launch.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: construction times... Next: Re: construction times...