Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...(Couldn't resist this)

RE: FT III, the question.

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 06:02:11 -0500
Subject: RE: FT III, the question.

Date sent:  10-DEC-1996 10:18:28

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

Send all replies to;

ad4@kirk.bolton.ac.uk

>Having said that, I was thinking earlier today (it only hurt a little)
and
>I was wondering if it might be possible for the person who runs the
list
>(has it changed yet?)

No. No change yet. Might change over Christmas with luck, but I have hit
snag. That ugly Copyright law. The question is, do we WANT to continue
letting Jon see this stuff? If this list moved across the atlantic, the
copyright laws in America will apply, and I'm not sure how we could set
it up so that Jon could still see stuff without accusations of
accidental
plagerism (we get round that at the moment as he can use the stuff
anyway).

>to do a survey of the people on the list.  I think
>it was mentioned at one time that there were something like two hundred
>people on the list and that group should give GZG some idea of what
people
>would like to see in a new publication.

That is a pretty comprehensive question. The only cast Iron way of
telling
Jon though, is to write to him by Snail Mail. Besides, Mike might still
be
sulking after you toasted him for the E-mail Virus. 8-)

>That group spans several
>countries and is in contact with many other players.  Not a bad sample
>would think.  If the Sysop is too busy maybe someone else could do it.

I've not got any kind of auto Vote system BUT:

If people want to send their comments to;

ad4@kirk.acs.bolton.ac.uk
    ^^^^
   not used much

I can tot them up later. 200 shouldn't be too many, just don't send to
the
list.

I'll tot up survey totals and compile a report. I'll also print out
choice
comments and send the report and some comments to Jon.

Please send your answers as a single line with 5 for agree and 1 for
disagree (3 for neutral). Answer all questions putting 3 if you don't
care,
or would prefer not to answer. Use a leading space to separate the
answers (this is so that I can copy and paste the results directly into
SPSS). I'll post any significant findings to the list.

Like this;
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 91011121314151617181920
 2 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 4 3 1 5 4 2 3 4 1 5 1 1

Now for the Questions (some of these are for my own interest);

1.) I Would like to see a new version of FT
2.) A batterys are too powerful
3.) C batterys are too weak
4.) Capitals are too powerful
5.) Swarms of Escorts are too powerful
6.) Fighters are too powerful
7.) I prefer realistic movement
8.) I would like to have ships balanced by mass
9.) I would be against any change in the core rules
10.) I would like to see more systems
11.) I would like more powerful weapons
12.) The Kra'Vak are too powerful
13.) The Svasku are too powerful
14.) The standard ships are too weak
15.) I use optional rules in my games (1)=never (5)=always
16.) I use a large table (3)=4'x6' (5)=8'x10'+ (1)=2'x2'-
17.) I use (1)=inch (5)=cm
18.) I am a big SF fan
19.) I would like to see 'fleet books' for the 'official' background
20.) The problems in FT demand a reworking of the core rules.

You can also add personal comments after. I will use my disgression as
to which to send. (probably ones that comment on questions that gets
a significant result).

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...(Couldn't resist this)