Prev: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such. Next: Re: FT III,

Re: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300

From: Naggaroth@a...
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:20:44 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300

This subject heading should be switched to "We want 15mm SGII figs!"

When I'm playing SGII on my 4'x6' table, I feel as though the game is
missing
a key element:	maneuver.  The units of troopers get suppressed too
easily
and the game bogs down from there.  This makes the time delay for
battalion
or regimental support fire ridiculous (we've never had a game last more
than
two turns).  Eight 25mm (or 28mm) grunts per unit on one inch bases take
up
alot of table space (I don't like SGII being played like 40K:  I line up
all
of my guys on this side vs. your lined up guys on the other side.  This
is SF
not ancients!)	The 15mm scale is perfect for SGII, heck, we're even
thinking
about playing it in 6mm.  This would definitely add some distance
between
friendly units, and make the game have a more fluid feel.

Over here in the US we don't have any descent 15mm SF stuff (yeah, those
new
Heavy Gear infantry are cool, but one side has regular infantry and
heavy
weapon troopers (good) while the other side has motorcycles and
snipers???(not so good)).

Mike and Jon:  We want 15mm!  (and no FT3, but a supplement like "A Few
More
Thrusts!"). :)	If Jon is busy w/ 25mm and 1/300th stuff, I would rather
see
the 25mm stuff take a back seat since there is enough "official" figs
out
there to play with if you prefer that scale, but, as somebody mentioned
earlier, there seems to be a big gap in 15mm SF availability, and I
think
SGII plays better in 15mm anyway.

Nag

Prev: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such. Next: Re: FT III,