Prev: RE: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300 Next: Re: Ship model sources...

Re: Re[2]: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:27:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Re[2]: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300

At 11:00 AM 12/6/96 +0200, you wrote:
>JMT's first products were 15mm resin models. As time progressed, he has

>found that the demand for 15mm scale has tailed off almost completely,
even
>though we produced a couple of packs of 15mm figures (based on the 25mm
NAC
>and ESU figs) about 18 months ago. I believe even these are no longer
in
>production (I don't think they've ever been available in the US). The
15mm
>vehicles certainly aren't. Its the old story "there's no market for
it". If
>enough people call on Jon to produce stuff in 15mm
>he _might_ change his mind....

Guess I was wrong about 15mm being a "growth market." Still, two packs
of
figs are hardly enough to get things going. I certainly wouldn't dive
into
15mm SF right now if I only had 2 packs to choose from, and them in
danger
of being orphaned.

Of course 28mm looks better at a con than 15mm. This is, of course, the
age
of style over substance. 15mm is a more suitable wargaming scale,
particularly when you have more than 20 figures per side.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: RE: GZG 25mm Series in 1/300 Next: Re: Ship model sources...