Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

B5 rules - Long, not complete

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:58:12 -0500
Subject: B5 rules - Long, not complete

tsmccart@ewd.dreo.dnd.ca writes:

@:) Well, I liked certain things about Geoffrey Stewart's B5 rules,
@:) and other things about Mark Kochte's B5 rules, and both I expect
@:) were affected by list discussions, but here's the rules I'm
@:) looking at using right now for B5.

@:) [...]

@:)  Special Maneouvres

@:) [...]

@:) A sideslip maneouver sometimes allows a ship to retain its facing
@:) but move half its distance along a different facing.

  Looks like you've spent some time on this so you might not be
interested, but my group has had a great deal of success using a very
small modification of the FT rules for sideslips.  Namely, a ship can
make a standard FT-style turn but turn in different directions in each
step of the turn.  Works quite well.

@:) [...]

@:) Minbari Fusion Beam Weapons

@:) [...]

@:) The Class 4 fusion beam has 4 dice in the first 12" and drops off
@:) one die per 12" to one die at 37 to 48".

  Probably you mean 36" to 48".  This has nothing to do with your
rules: it's just a nitpick of mine that people seem to like leaving
inch-wide gaps in their weapons ranges.

  Anyway I like these.	I will have to compare them with previous B5
rules but I may consider suggesting them for a new campaign that our
group may be starting in the near future.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.