Prev: RE: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Beam Weapons Redux

RE: Campaign rules?

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 04:12:46 -0500
Subject: RE: Campaign rules?

Date sent:  5-DEC-1996 09:08:20
>>Hello Guys,
>>  As a first rule for construction times, what do you all think about
>>using the square root of the mass as time in months for construction
time?
>>Thus a 100 mass unit would take 10 months to make, while a 4 mass unit
>>would take 2 months to make.	Time taken is considered to be wartime
>>construction times where the shipyard is taking 7 days a week to make.

Assuming 6 months to make a dreadnaught, not an unreasonable assumption,
try mass/10 months. A mass 4 ship would take about 12 days to build.
A mass 60, 6 months and a mass 100 10 months.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Beam Weapons Redux