Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts Next: (Off topic...) Gunships (was Re: needle beam thoughts)

Re: needle beam thoughts

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 17:40:18 -0500
Subject: Re: needle beam thoughts

Ludo Toen wrote:
> The first of these was a conversion from the C47 (Dakota of WW2 fame),
> later followed by C130s. Later designs even had a 105mm Howitzer
> sticking out the side. Should start thinking about some Vietnam rules
> for Dirtside (now where did I leave my Apocalypse Now soundtrack ;)

I think SGII already mimics the Vietnam-flavour pretty darn well.  In
fact, they handle an orbiting C130 decently if you use the stand-off
rules to have them make one good pass every other turn.  Graft the same
rules onto DSII and you're onto something.  :)

--
Alexander Williams {zander@photobooks.com   ||Member: Evil Geniuses
		    thantos@alf.dec.com}    ||For a Better Tomorrow

"Perhaps we should lower our mental trousers and compare the size of
 our consciousnesses?"
				       -- Jan Sands to Marvin Minsky
					  comp.ai.genetic
		<http://www.photobooks.com/~zander/>

Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts Next: (Off topic...) Gunships (was Re: needle beam thoughts)