Prev: Re: Full Thrust Mail Archives... Next: Re: Armored Missiles

Re: FT III alternative rules

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 09:02:22 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III alternative rules

Tracy Hale wrote:
>It depends on how you visualize space combat. Those like myself prefer
>the "Star Wars" look with capital ships blasting each other at not
>much more then spitting distance. For those who prefer the massive
scale
>with planets represented by a circle a couple of inches across
>these minimums would seem odd.

I prefer the realism of long range combat myself.

>I personally have been experimenting with various other changes
>in beam mass, ranges, etc as well as rate of fire.
>C's fire 2 times per turn, B's once, A's every other or perhaps
>C's at rof 1, B's rof 1/2, A's 1/3 or something similar.

I've thought of using different ROF as well, but this usually involves
more
record keeping, especially with fleet engagements.  ROF seems
appropriate
for individual weapon systems, but batteries may make up several weapons
of
the same clustered together.  With this in mind, a battery might be
designed
such that when some components are recharging, others may fire, leaving
no
gaps in fire support.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Mail Archives... Next: Re: Armored Missiles