Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Redux Next: Apology and Hit and Run Rules (longish)

Re: FT III alternative rules

From: axe@k... (Richard Tracy Hale)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 00:10:20 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III alternative rules

> >>  range ->	     0-12 12-24 24-36
> >>  dice|	C    2	  0	0
> >>	  V	B    2	  1	0
> >>		A    0	  2	1
>
> I guess I just don't understand the idea of a minimum range when
> the distances measured are in the 100s or 1000s of kilometers to
> the inch.

It depends on how you visualize space combat. Those like myself prefer
the "Star Wars" look with capital ships blasting each other at not
much more then spitting distance. For those who prefer the massive scale
with planets represented by a circle a couple of inches across
these minimums would seem odd.

I personally have been experimenting with various other changes
in beam mass, ranges, etc as well as rate of fire.
C's fire 2 times per turn, B's once, A's every other or perhaps
C's at rof 1, B's rof 1/2, A's 1/3 or something similar.

I'm A saxon dog and just can't help it.

Tracy Hale
axe@knuth.mtsu.edu
axe@gibson.gibson.com

Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Redux Next: Apology and Hit and Run Rules (longish)