Prev: RE: Beam Weapons Redux Next: Re: Beam Weapons Redux

Re: Armored Missiles

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:35:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Armored Missiles

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

>   In any event, our group has also not been completely amazed by the
> effectiveness of missiles.  For us, this has little to do with PDAF
> and more to do with the fact that missiles are not terribly
> manouverable.  I guess this means that we haven't had a lot of them
> launched at capital ships, though, because those are even less
> manouverable than the missiles.
>
> -joachim

We have had much the same experience.  By giving careful thought to
missiles while you plot your movement we have found that most missiles
can
be forced to miss entirely.  The few that would be on target were often
easy bait for the *DAF systems.  High speed was the best defense against
missiles (or fighters) for some time.  We only recently had problems
with
a high number of *DAF system defenses.	James had taken to defending his
fleets with specialized escort cruisers that provided high numbers of
supplemental ADAF defenses for his fleets.  This was compounded by the
fact that we had misunderstood the *DAF rules and have been allowing the
*DAF systems to fire at each missile that attacked the defended ship.

Chad Taylor

Prev: RE: Beam Weapons Redux Next: Re: Beam Weapons Redux