Prev: RE: New Mods for FT 3 Next: RE: ADAF's

Re: Beam Weapons

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 04:27:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Beam Weapons

Date sent:  2-DEC-1996 09:18:43

>>Do you have your full finalised Star Trek background available yet...

>>Tim Jones

Did a quick playtest or two last weekend (Saturday Night) and found
a problem that I fixed as follows.

>It was not point obsession that drove me to make my A batteries mass 4.
>wanted to alter the character of the ship designs so as to bring in
more
>ships with B and C batteries and, at the same time, satisfy the
>"accountants" who want to provide their own designs.

The Klingon ships were nigh on invincible. They were shooting too much
and not causing enough damage.

Solution, add 1 dice for all beams (C do 2d6, Bs 3d6 and 2d6 etc) and
6 dice for photons. This not only ups the damage, but it also accidently
fixes the beams.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: New Mods for FT 3 Next: RE: ADAF's