Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Re[2]: Beam Weapons

Re: Beam Weapons

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 23:20:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Beam Weapons

At 09:27 AM 11/29/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Am I the only one who disagrees with this? All it needs is a little
>common sence to create designs that 'feel' right. As has already been
>pointed out, while a ship with a longer reach might be better at
>maximum performance, once those threshold checks start taking effect,
>or if someone is using needlers, that single A can be a liability.

I actually like the mass of the A batteries at 3 as it allows my Age of
Iridium ships to hold 4 A batteries and a large enough number of C
batteries. If I pushed the A batteries to a mass of 4, I'd have 4 less C
batteries on the ships. On the other hand, I've been thinking of
changing
the ship designs so that they have 2 A batteries instead of 4. It would
make
the capital ships a bit less overpowering. If the A batteries had a mass
of
4 I'd have been forced into this decision originally. Still, I don't
have to
change the rules in order to mount 2 A batteries instead of 4. I don't
HAVE
to use every available mass point from a ship.

I think an A battery mass of 4 would be a good thing for players who
play
competitive games with "all out" ship designs. A mass of 3 makes for a
more
flexible game, but if you really want flexibility you could just ignore
the
mass point rules altogether.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Re[2]: Beam Weapons