Prev: Re: ADAF's Next: Re: PBeM games?

RE: ADAF's

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:16:17 -0500
Subject: RE: ADAF's

Date sent:  27-NOV-1996 13:09:20

>Hi,
>
>If Ship A has performed it's action for the turn and a fighter group
>attacks Ship B, can Ship A use it's ADAF's to engage that fighter
group?

That's a good question. It raises another question, when do you declare
which ship a fighter group is attacking? Reading between the lines, it
would appear that you are supposed to declare which fighter groups are
attacking which ships after ship movement, but before ship firing. In
practice this is impractical. ADAFs like PDAFs, are supposed to fire at
the same time as the firing ships other weapons.

Quick fix. Allow ADAF units to attack any fighters within 6" or any
fighters
within 6" of a ship that is also within 6", effectively increasing ADAF
to about 12" range (in fleet actions). That way only PDAF are affected
by
wether or not the carrying ship is being fired upon.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: ADAF's Next: Re: PBeM games?