Prev: Re: B5\FT\SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER\Vorlons Next: Re:Threshold Levels

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:19:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

SNIP
>I could debate the Panther and Tiger 1E stats. The Tiger had thicker
armour
>than the Panther, but the Panther's was better sloped and thus was
>EFFECTIVELY thicker. Also (if I remember correctly), the Tiger's 88mm
gun
>while larger in calibre actually had a lower muzzle velocity than the
>Panther's long 75mm. However, change Tiger 1E to Tiger 2 and you've
probably
>got it. I'd give a T34-85 the same stats as the Panther but with Basic
firecon.

>And THANK YOU for the Firefly mention! The UK and Canada made good use
of
>what was considered the best Sherman variant. I heard that politics
stopped
>the US from adopting the Sherman.
>
>Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca
SNIP

I agree with your comments re the Tiger and Panther.

Re the Firefly:  My late Uncle Donald was a tankie in WW2, in the
Lothian
and Border Horse.  The Matchbox Firefly includes transfers for that
Regt.

All this talk of WW2 DS2 has whetted my appetite!  I'm going to have a
look
at my Guards Armoured
Div. when i get home (supported by Typhoon 1B Aerospace fighters...)

On a more conventional FT List note, Scotia Micromodels have been
advertising a large range of SF armour lately, along with several types
of
infantry.  Most vehicles appear to come in 3 flavours, tracked, hover
and
grav.  Scotia at their best are damn good, so I reckon I'll be ordering
some
soon.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: Re: B5\FT\SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER\Vorlons Next: Re:Threshold Levels