Prev: Re: Mold Masters Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: "Nick Meredith" <nickm@d...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 17:41:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

On 18 Nov 96 at 23:11, Allan Goodall wrote:

> I've been going over my stash of unpainted lead and I came across some
T80s,
> M1A1s, Bradleys, and BTRs that I'd purchased aeons ago for a modern
armour
> game that never materialized. I went through some of my modern armour
rules,
> and realized that none of them are as fast paced as DS2.
>
> You've probably guessed the purpose of this thread. I've been thinking
of
> Mark Siefert's future history and I got thinking about current and
near
> future weapons. For instance, I thought of giving the T80s a size 3
(maybe
> four) fast-tracked vehicle with armour 3 and a class 3 HVC with a
chemically
> fueled engine. M1A1s would be size 4, fast tracked, armour 4 and a
class 4
> HVC, with a CFE.

My introduction to DS2 was a game run by Mike at a conference.

Current day equipment models were used, but with the technology
"pushed" about 20 years (at a guess). Kit used was US and Soviet.

The extra fun element was that there was a US army Lieutenant Colonel
present, with his son. Son starts playing (using US kit). Dad comes
over and starts to "help" his son. No one thought to tell Dad that
the Soviet kit was assumed to be uprated with better stabilisation
etc and was comparable with his kit. Scratch one combined arms
column.

Good game - and a good intro to the system.
--
Cheers
Nick Meredith - nickm@discover.co.uk - Coventry, UK

Prev: Re: Mold Masters Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk