Prev: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT Next: Re: Another dumbass Q

Re: Another dumbass Q

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:49:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Another dumbass Q

Rick Rutherford wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, John Kovalic wrote:
>I paint mine all black, with bright silver notches and red lines in the
>grooves that define the rear arc.
>
>> I didn't think they'd look good, but they look a lot better than the
>> plastic bases. Plus, they don't break off as easily.
>
>Yep -- I have broken the tips off of so many plastic bases that I've
>given up on using them.  They'll do in a pinch, but you have to drill a
>hole down into the plastic post and glue a bit of wire into the hole to
>make an unbreakable tip.

I broke off the tips as well and just drilled 1/8" holes in the minis to
fully insert the stem of the base, and used the strongest plastic/metal
expoxy I could find - Not one has broken yet.  I ended up using plastic
bases on all ships up through CE size.	For CAs and larger, I use the FT
metal bases for better stability.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Cosmic Balance + FT Next: Re: Another dumbass Q