Prev: Mold Masters Next: Conventional DS2?

Mold Masters

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:25:40 -0500
Subject: Mold Masters

(My apologies if this goes through twice; it seems that my e-mail is
still a
little wonky...)

First of all; I'm back.  I must have gotten dumped off the list somehow.
resubscribed, being a glutton for punishment, and am now back to normal.
Relatively speaking, at least.
	I was in Kay-bee toys today, making my weekly check (The damned
Micro Machines Star Wars Robots pack is STILL at regular price!), and I
saw
some molds meant for a product called Mold Master, which has been
getting a
lot of discussion on r.g.m.m. of late.	Apparently, it's some sort of
toy
that is used to melt metal, pour it into molds, and produce miniatures
of
various sorts.	The molds that I saw were for a pair of spaceships, and
actually looked half decent.  Unfortunately, there were no photographs
on
the box, and there was no way of telling the scale of the ships.
Frankly, I
can't imagine something like this producing models of really good
quality,
but I've been wrong before.  Plus, if the metal is soft enough, it might
be
pretty easy to modify the results and produce different ship classes.
Has
anybody heard anything about this item?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Mold Masters Next: Conventional DS2?