Prev: (no subject) Next: Re: Another dumbass Q

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 12:19:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Niko "GNiko" Mikkanen wrote:
>	Then again, in a gane of Harpoon we played a few years back, USS
>Iowa was hit by 20 or Russian anti-ship missiles (can't remember which
>type). The ship lost 350 of it's 880 hit points, but it was still far
from
>sinking. What DID happen, however, was that every single radar and gun
>control system aboard the ship was destroyed/damaged. Even the
battleship
>with the 12" armor belt has it's weak spots.

Taking out sensors and fire control units seems reasonable.  Does
Harpoon
let you actually sink a BB with something like a Phalanx gun?  Seems
kinda
funky if it does.  This is what I mean by not using a PDAF/ADAF to apply
normal hull damage as a main weapon.  Maybe if the PDAF/ADAF could
target
external soft items like sensors and fire control units this might work.
How about using it as a short range needle beam with screens reducing
its
effectiveness.	The system could only target sensors and firecons.

TYPE:  PDAF/ADAF against large craft(excluding fighters and missiles)
RANGE: 6"
USAGE: Anti-ship role - Select to target only a firecon or a sensor and
roll
1D6.  On a 6 the system is damaged, but not destroyed(can be repaired).

Mike Miserendino

Prev: (no subject) Next: Re: Another dumbass Q