Prev: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:04:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Tim Guay wrote:
>You have a point there, my intent was for dual-purpose weapons to
engage
>escorts. so change to 6 does on hit on unshielded and unarmoured then
>shielded or armoured cruisers and cap ships are safe, however the tin
cans,
>lancers, etc
>are vulnerable as they should be. (the Slot battles in the Pacific.
etc)
>And if a cap ship is so shredded that it lost its shields, then the
hull is
>likely to so ruptured and weakened than such a weapon
>could damage it and push already weakened systems over the threashold.
>
>To get the Reliant stitching the unshielded Enterprise with pulse
phaser
>effect is also what I'd like to replicate.

Now I understand what systems you're describing.  Sort of like 5"
multi-purpose guns or multi-role missiles.  I like using C-batts for
something like this since they have already work as dual purpose via the
More Thrust rules.  I've always thought of the PDAF/ADAF as a really
light
weapon like the Phalanx which is designed to take down soft targets.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules