Prev: Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams Next: Re: U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II

Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 06:35:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Robert A. Crawford wrote:

> > Any Full Thrust implementation of the Honor Harrington world would
have
> > to take into account missile ammo, technology variations, ECM,
sensor
> > rules, missile pods (towed missile broadsides), short range energy
> > weapons and the special grav wedge drives and sidewalls.
> >
> > It could be done, but it wouldn't look like anything that you could
> > drop into a Core rules Full Thrust game.
>
>	Some of that it in "Starfire". In fact, the only thing that
> isn't is the drive and its effects.

Much of the tech is very similar (not surprising, since David Weber
wrote
the current edition of Starfire!), but the drive (and related effects,
including the grav lance) won't work in SF. A combination of SF tech
(and
tech progression) with Mike's and Jon's realistic movement rules, plus
some additions for the drive, would work pretty well. Make the
'Fearless'
an Elite CL with ECM and Plasma Guns (from Communique/ISW4), and the
'Perseus' a huge armed FT...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams Next: Re: U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II