Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re: Another dumbass Q

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: guay@p... (Tim Guay)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 11:26:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

>On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Mike Miserendino wrote:
>

>	 Then again, in a gane of Harpoon we played a few years back,
USS
>Iowa was hit by 20 or Russian anti-ship missiles (can't remember which
>type). The ship lost 350 of it's 880 hit points, but it was still far
from
>sinking. What DID happen, however, was that every single radar and gun
>control system aboard the ship was destroyed/damaged. Even the
battleship
>with the 12" armor belt has it's weak spots.

Which effectively neutralises the ship as far as the battle goes. Much
the
same hear. All the sensor and fire control arrays are going to be
hanging
outside the hull. And lets not forget the ol' shot up the tailpipe.

And the ships armament is vulnerable to an extent, especially the light
stuff.
Come to think of it we should have special rules for firing at a ship
recovering or launching fighters. Nasty stuff getting shot though an
open
hanger bay, could get grim if something big hits in there. Brings back
memories of cool scenes from Battlestar Galactica and from the Wing
Commander novels, especially _End Run_ and _Fleet Action_.

Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re: Another dumbass Q