Prev: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Solitaire Full Thrust Ideas

From: "William K. Char" <bchar@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 08:15:19 -0500
Subject: Solitaire Full Thrust Ideas

timj@uk.gdscorp.com wrote:

> I used trek73 that is based on SFB, text based game but it had a
pretty good AI
> enough to challenge you, horrid control system made it harder. All it
needed was a
> Graphical interface - now wire it up as a CGI program and you could
have a decent
> WWW combat sim.

I happen to be the original author of Trek73.  Written in HP/2000 BASIC,
it was orginally placed on the computers at City College of San
Francisco, California.	Later, it mysteriously appeared on the Data
General NOVA systems of the Lawrence Hall of Science, at University of
California, Berkeley.  From there, it migrated out to the world.

Now, 23 years later, I'm in a position to code another space battle
simulation.  Full Thrust caught my attention because of its simplicity
(vector movement, weapon rolls, and damage assessment).  Please send me
private E-mail if you have any ideas on what a solitaire game should
look like.

Prev: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules