Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Added Topic ?

Re:Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:26:47 -0500
Subject: Re:Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

At 06:38 PM 11/13/96 -0800, you wrote:

>If you'll recall from the Hammer's Slammers books, the Slammers never
>went up a similarly equipped opponent. So you'd only need ONE set of
>Slammers  vehicles. I'd say 3 or 6 tanks, 12-36 combat cars, a few
>hover jeeps (don't forget the tri-barrel), and skimmer-mounted infantry
>to taste.

Good point. You wouldn't really need a lot of grav vehicles (for that
matter, I have some old Eldar grav tanks that might work as Slammer grav
tanks).

 For OpFor (gratuitious jargon !) damn near anything. Ever
>notice how Col. Hammer took a lot of jobs that required heavy fighting,
>but only rarely against forces with powerguns ? Smart business man....

The calliopes might be a pain, but most of the other vehicles could
probably
be taken from modern micro armour. Damn. Like I didn't have enough on my
plate, now I'm thinking of Slammers in DS2.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Added Topic ?