Prev: RE: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Looking for a new home.

Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:41:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

Date sent:  13-NOV-1996 20:33:41

>>As for the Forever War, has anyone thought of converting it to SG2? If
so,
>>any figure suggestions? Any rule suggestions? I'm not sure Forever War
could
>>be done in SG2, though.

>If memory serves, TFW is mostly space combat, isn't it?  In which case
>it would be a better candidate for FT than SG2.  You'd need a more
>realistic movement system though (which is my main pet peeve about FT).

Memory mismatch error. TFW was about a group of foot sloggers.
Admittedly,
a great deal of the book described transit to the battle areas, but that
was a minor point (And all done by computer). In SG2 the troopers would
wear full power armor (heavy, and possibly fast).

The enemy appear not to rely upon armor as much, but do use a few odd
devices.

And try Jon's vector movement from Mark's web page.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: Solitaire Full Thrust? Next: Re: Looking for a new home.