Prev: Re: Looking for a new home. Next: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:46:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Jonathan Davis wrote:

> Has anyone given any thought to a method of solitaire Full Thrust?

	This would not be a bad idea.  Many a time have I gone to the
gamestore for a game of FT and find that no one is intersted in playing.

> Weapons firing for 'robotic' ships would be fairly simple.  Rules
> could be in place for targeting the closest ship, or targeting a
> specific ship until it's destroyed.

	Perhaps we can create a version of the priority rules from DSII
or SGII.

> Movement for ships could be done with a dice roll against a table
> based on which arc the target ship was in, relative velocities,
> or other criteria.
>
>	Fore	Port	Starboard	Aft
> Die
> 0	0+0	P1+2	S1+2		Pmax-1
> 1	0+0	P2-1	S2-1		Pmax+0
> 2	0+1	Pmax	Smax		Smax-1
> 3	0-1	Pmax	Smax		Smax+0
> 4	.
> 5	.
> 6	.
> 7
> 8
> 9

	I don't know....this would make things a little too random.
Does
anyone have the "Robot" ship rules from SFB?  Maybe we can do some
adaptation of that.

Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Re: Looking for a new home. Next: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)