Prev: List Topics Next: Re: Starship Troopers

BOO

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:31:04 -0500
Subject: BOO

John Dunkelberg writes:

@:) "a little non-game conversation" is fine.  However, since I joined
@:) the list, the signal to noise ratio has been very poor.  Perhaps 1
@:) "real" message for every 2 I receive from the list... which
@:) generates quite a fair bit of traffic... (granted that's a shade
@:) better than USENET)

  Boo!	This group is substantially better than any of the
limited-topic newsgroups I read.  You think a 1/2 signal to noise
ratio is bad?  You should try rec.motorcycles where it's more like
1/100, if you're lucky!  Besides I agree with Mike that the tangents
are interesting - furthermore I think they can actually spark the
creative process and result in new rules ideas or scenarios or entire
games.	The Starship Troopers thread has probably got some people
thinking of new empires to add to their upcoming games, for example.

-joachim

Prev: List Topics Next: Re: Starship Troopers